[Moin-user] Re: actions/macros

Alexander Schremmer 2005a at usenet.alexanderweb.de
Mon Jan 23 01:58:01 EST 2006

On Sun, 22 Jan 2006 13:52:16 -0800, Bryan wrote:

> is there some documentation anyone can point me to so i can figure out how to
> write actions and macros and all the wiki methods that can be called?

There are just http://moinmoin.wikiwikiweb.de/MoinDev and the source code.
For the methods, you want to check out the code. You can use epydoc etc. to
generate HTML pages listing all methods with documentation.

> also, i would like to know if this is possible.  i want to a link that when
> clicked, will open the default email program and fill in the to, subject and
> body of an email.

Not directly because an action has to control the view. Actually, you would
rather need a macro, if there wasn't already one suiting your needs:
How about using
[mailto:foo at example.com?subject=test&body=foo&to=bar at example.com Mail me!]
or [[MailTo(foo AT example DOT com?subject=test)]]?

Kind regards,
Alexander