[Moin-user] Re: actions/macros

Bryan Weingarten Bryan.Weingarten at watchguard.com
Mon Jan 23 11:06:06 EST 2006

-----Original Message-----
From: moin-user-admin at lists.sourceforge.net
[mailto:moin-user-admin at lists.sourceforge.net] On Behalf Of Alexander
Schremmer
Sent: Monday, January 23, 2006 1:57 AM
To: moin-user at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Moin-user] Re: actions/macros

On Sun, 22 Jan 2006 13:52:16 -0800, Bryan wrote:

> is there some documentation anyone can point me to so i can figure out

> how to write actions and macros and all the wiki methods that can be
called?

There are just http://moinmoin.wikiwikiweb.de/MoinDev and the source
code.
For the methods, you want to check out the code. You can use epydoc etc.
to generate HTML pages listing all methods with documentation.

> also, i would like to know if this is possible.  i want to a link that

> when clicked, will open the default email program and fill in the to,
> subject and body of an email.

Not directly because an action has to control the view. Actually, you
would rather need a macro, if there wasn't already one suiting your
needs:
How about using
[mailto:foo at example.com?subject=test&body=foo&to=bar at example.com Mail
me!] or [[MailTo(foo AT example DOT com?subject=test)]]?

Kind regards,
Alexander

this seems to work except all spaces are stripped out of the subject and
body, so you have to add %20 for each space.   this shouldn't be
necessary if mailto called urllib.quote() on the entire url.

bryan