[Moin-user] attachment error

Thomas Waldmann tw-public at gmx.de
Wed Jan 25 07:41:02 EST 2006

> my wiki cannot used to upload an attachment,

Does your server run on Windows? If yes, there is maybe a fix here:

http://moinmoin.wikiwikiweb.de/MoinMoinBugs/AttachmentsDontWork

> apache error log said like this :
> "Non ASCII character \\xfc in file but no encoding
> declared..."

Maybe upgrade your moin.cgi to a current version taken from
wiki/server/moin.cgi in the distribution archive.

Fix the pathes in it if you do so (see your old moin.cgi).

> the apache error log also advice me to read
> www.python.org/peps/pep-0263

I think this is unrelated to your attachment problem, as it refers to
the python source file encoding. All current moin source code files have
such a encoding declaration.