[Moin-user] internationalization question

Daniel Dadush dndadush at gmail.com
Sat Jul 8 10:37:15 EDT 2006

Hi, my name is Daniel Dadush and I'm a new MoinMoin User. I am planning to
use moinmoin as a base technology for an international (for the moment
french and english) educational site. The site will be primarily intended
for school children between the ages of 9-13. I have chosen MoinMoin because
of it's excellent wysiwyg editor, it's configurability, and ease of
installation.

One of our goals for this site is to promote cross cultural communication
and to this end we are assembling a team of volunteer translators for our
site. These volunteers will be translating content posted by the children,
so that the whole wiki community can read it. Now my question is: is there a
system within MoinMoin that supports different language versions of the same
page in an easy and intuitive way? If not, does anyone have any suggestions
as to how one might be implemented?

Now, a solution ala Wikipedia would really be ideal, but it would be nice to
be able to do it without subdomains. Thanks so much in advance for your
help.