[Moin-user] user authentication

Robert Schumann robert at cantab.net
Wed Jul 12 07:52:51 EDT 2006

On Wed, 2006-07-12 at 16:04 +0530, agalya at tce.edu wrote:

> >> we want to add moinmoin for one of the services in our website.we
> >> already
> >> got a database for users and use them for user authentication.we wish to
> >> use the same for the Moinmoin also.can anyone provide us the way this
> >> can
> >> be implemented...
> >>
> > Sure. If you use some standard auth method, you can maybe simply use one
> > of the existing MoinMoin.auth functions (http auth, ldap auth, php
> > session, ssl client cert auth, ...).
> >
> > If nothing there fits your needs, you can just write your own auth
> > function, see the samples there.
>
> we are using ldap authentication method and in auth.py we dont find a
> method called ldap auth.We are using moin-1.5.2.Help regarding this.

One option is to upgrade to moin-1.5.4.  If you don't want to do that,
then at least download moin-1.5.4 and take a look at the contents of the
file auth.py (which has an ldap method) and also at the sample
configuration files which are supplied.  You may be able to use that
code in your 1.5.2 setup.

If you have given it a go and are having a specific problem, please
describe it on this list and we'll be able to help.

Robert.