[Moin-user] Access Control

Robert Schumann robert at cantab.net
Thu Jul 13 10:37:56 EDT 2006

On Thu, 2006-07-13 at 11:08 +0000, charanya15 at hotmail.com wrote:
> i want to create a page which is immutable for all the users and another
> subpage within that which is editable by everyone.The immutable page should
> be editable only for the administrators.I had gone through the page
> HelpOnAccessControl but am not able to make out how to implement my
> requirement.I want to know how to add the pagenames in the acl command and
> how to indicate which users can edit or not edit that page.Can anyone give a
> clear idea about this....

The acl directive
#acl SomeUser:read,write All:
can be used on any page.  It overrides the default ACL which is set in
the config file (variable acl_rights_default).

You do not need to add a pagename into the ACL directive because it only
applies to the page it is on.

What you may want to do is set the default ACL to allow "All:read,write"
and then on any page you want to be immutable, put the directive
#acl AdminUser:read,write,admin All:read

What is the setting of acl_rights_default and acl_rights_before in your
wiki?  If your wiki is visible on the internet, perhaps  we can take a
look at what you're trying to do.

Robert.