[Moin-user] Odd bug related to If-Modified-Since using moin 1.5.4 with CGI on apache

Eamon Nerbonne eamon at nerbonne.org
Sat Jul 15 12:29:33 EDT 2006

On my machine, any request to moinmoin containing the HTTP header
If-Modified-Since results in an Internal Server Error without python
stacktrace.  Generally, this header is generated when you refresh the page,
or when you return to a previously generated page.  All instances on this
machine using the system-wide moinmoin installation (gentoo) exhibit this
error, and a few initial moinmoin-playground I set up in a self-contained
directory (which hasn't been updated to 1.5.4), don't.  Moin is running as a
CGI script in user directories and served by apache 2.0.58. Stripping the
header with an .htaccess command "RequestHeader unset If-Modified-Since"
resolves the problem, but not in the way I'ld like to...  The error occurs
with multiple skins, and I can't seem to find the real cause (though, beyond
a little python hacking to make quick macro, I've never used python, so I'm
not an expert in this).  Does this error seem familiar to anyone, and is
there a real solution?

--
eamon at nerbonne.org - 06-15142163