[Moin-user] Odd bug related to If-Modified-Since using moin 1.5.4 with CGI on apache

Thomas Waldmann tw-public at gmx.de
Mon Jul 17 08:34:21 EDT 2006

> On my machine, any request to moinmoin containing the HTTP header
> If-Modified-Since results in an Internal Server Error without python
> stacktrace.
We need the html of that stacktrace as attachment:backtrace.html in a
bug report on the moinmoin wiki.

Please also copy this text there and add the requested details. Just
subscribe to the page so you get notified when someone
>   Generally, this header is generated when you refresh the page,
> or when you return to a previously generated page.  All instances on this
> machine using the system-wide moinmoin installation (gentoo) exhibit this
> error, and a few initial moinmoin-playground I set up in a self-contained
> directory (which hasn't been updated to 1.5.4), don't.  Moin is
> running as a
> CGI script in user directories and served by apache 2.0.58. Stripping the
> header with an .htaccess command "RequestHeader unset If-Modified-Since"
> resolves the problem, but not in the way I'ld like to...  The error
> occurs
> with multiple skins, and I can't seem to find the real cause (though,
> beyond
> a little python hacking to make quick macro, I've never used python,
> so I'm
> not an expert in this).  Does this error seem familiar to anyone, and is
> there a real solution?
I recently fixed some header related problems in 1.6 development branch.
But it was rather about missing headers than about stuff causing backtraces.