[Moin-user] need script for creating users from group pages

Ted Stern dodecatheon at gmail.com
Mon Jul 24 18:59:46 EDT 2006

On 21 Jul 2006 07:48:52 -0700, Thomas Waldmann wrote:

>> I found this script,
>>
>>     http://moinmoin.wikiwikiweb.de/MoinMoinQuestions/Administration?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=moin_useradd.py
>>
>> to add a single user.  It prompts for the password.
>>
> In 1.5.4 there is also moin ... account create --name=xxx --alias=yyy
> --email=zzz --password=!!!

Hi Thomas,

I found this in MoinMoin/script/account/create.py.  I'm not familiar
with the prefix you used ... is that a pythonism, or is there a front
end script?

>> I'd like to modify this so that it takes a password as stdin or
>> command line argument, checks whether the account exists or not before
>> modifying the password,
> You have to check what happens for that case.

In the same directory I see 'check.py'.  Can that be used in some way?

>> and if the UserName page doesn't exist, it
>> will create a default page using text from a file (specified as the
>> argument of a -f option).  If the account was created, I'd like it to
>> mail the user (and the administrator) with the new password, and tell
>> the user & admin in that email whether a default page was created and
>> with what text.
>>
> You could add some options for this.

Not really, I'm not a python scripter!

Ted
--
 dodecatheon at gmail dot com
 Frango ut patefaciam -- I break so that I may reveal