[Moin-user] position of a macro in macro.parser.raw

Malte Helmert helmert at informatik.uni-freiburg.de
Sun Jul 30 18:17:43 EDT 2006

Achim Domma wrote:
> Hi,
>
> in a macro, I access the raw text of the page via macro.parser.raw. Is
> there a possibility to get the position of the macro in the text? I'm
> interested in the context of the macro, but the macro could exist
> multiple times in the page. So a simple search would not work.

Does anyone more knowledgeable than me have an answer?

I was faced with the same issue, and ended up adding a "unique ID"
argument to the macro so that I could locate it reliably on the page.
However, a solution that worked without this kludge would be much
appreciated.

If this is currently not possible, would a patch adding this feature to
a future MoinMoin version be accepted?

Malte