[Moin-user] Error on Import MoinMoin and 404

Joerg Wellendorf webmaster at fieberitz.de
Mon Jul 31 05:52:52 EDT 2006

Hello MoinMoin users,

I need your help, because I can't access the MoinMoin Frontpage.

When I try to import the wiki by "Import MoinMoin" I get the wellknown
error:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
ImportError: No module named MoinMoin

When I try to access the MoinMoin Frontpage via
http://127.0.0.1/Handbuch I get a 404 Error, while the address changes
to http://127.0.0.1/Handbuch/moin.cgi/

I'm new on Python, Wiki, IIS :-( and so I think it's a very stupid
little problem.

My questions are:
1) Is there a relation between my two errors?
2) Is it correct, that I have to configure the moin.cgi in the path of
the Wiki or do I have to configure that file in the programm path of
MoinMoin?
3) Is it correct to set the path via "append" not via "insert"?
4) Is it correct to set the path with slashes / and not with back slashes \?
5) If that is all right, where is the mistake?

My configuration:
Win XP SP2
IIS 5 (configured with IIS Lockdown Wizard)
Python 2.4.3: C:\Programme\Python
MoinMoin 1.5.4: C:\Programme\MoinMoin
mywiki: G:\Handbuch

moin.cgi (in G:\Handbuch):
import sys
sys.path.append('C:/Programme/MoinMoin/Lib/site-packages')
sys.path.append('G:/Handbuch')
hotshotProfiler = 0

if hotshotProfiler:
     import hotshot
     prof = hotshot.Profile("moin.prof")
     prof.start()

from MoinMoin.request import RequestCGI
request = RequestCGI()
request.run()

if hotshotProfiler:
     prof.close()

I followed these instructions:
- http://moinmoin.wikiwikiweb.de/HelpOnInstalling/BasicInstallation
Python is working
MoinMoin is installed (with --prefix)

- http://moinmoin.wikiwikiweb.de/HelpOnInstalling/InternetInformationServer
Wiki instance is created
urlscan.ini is configured
IUSR_COMPUTERNAME user has modify permissions

I tried the hints in
-
http://moinmoin.wikiwikiweb.de/MoinMoinQuestions#head-56fc65fd94272418b2f158a0f52802cece5ddeff
--