[Moin-user] Spam Problems -> Moderated Sign-up/Postings?

Matthew T. Atkinson matthew at agrip.org.uk
Wed Jun 14 15:12:19 EDT 2006

I've been using Moin happily for some time now; it really is just right
for me and I'm very pleased I found it (thanks!).  However there have
been some issues caused by the abuse of others in recent months that are
spoiling the sites I host.

A number of months ago I had to stop universal write access to my Wikis
because of spamming and now the spammers are signing up to post their
nonsense on my pages.  What I would really like to know is:

* Is there a moderated sign-up system/patch?
* Is there a moderated postings patch?

If the answer to both of those is ``no'', could someone give me an idea
of where I might poke around in the code to add one?

I would also like to know where I might get a Debian source package, or
source distribution of Moin 1.3.5 (I think that's the latest 1.3.x
release).  I've looked but not found either of these things on your site
or by Googling :-S.

[ Re later versions: I don't need most of the new features in 1.5 (my
sites are designed for blind people, who can't use the GUI editor
anyway). ]

Thanks very much for your time,

best regards,

--