[Moin-user] Permissions problem

Andre Meyer meyer at acm.org
Fri Mar 3 02:20:03 EST 2006

On 3/3/06, Gisbert Amm <gia at webde.de> wrote:

> Andre Meyer wrote:
> >
> > Finally, I have solved the problem with permissions on my machine: the
> > problem was that SELinux on Fedora prevented the cgi script from
> running!
>
> I'd really be interested in some more detail: How did SELinux actually
> hamper the execution of the CGI script?

I am not sure about the details, but since it's been disabled the cgi works.
A colleague of mine discovered this when trying to get MediaWiki (sorry ;-)
) running and realised that calls to ImageMagick did not work (for creating
thumbnails).

> Now, I have my moin wiki running at http://python.openspace.nl/spysemoin
> > but it doesn't look like it should. Is there a css file missing or so?
>
> Probably this one (Alias and ScriptAlias are the same in httpd.conf)?:
>
> http://moinmoin.wikiwikiweb.de/MoinMoin/InstallDocs, see "CSS files do
> not work" (last heading on the page)

I saw this info, but that is NOT the case.

I have the following at the end of httpd.conf:

# MoinMoin Wiki

Alias /wiki/ "/usr/share/moin/htdocs/"
<Directory "/usr/share/moin/htdocs/">
   Order deny,allow
   Allow from all
</Directory>

ScriptAlias /spysemoin "/usr/local/var/moin/spyse/cgi-bin/moin.cgi"
<Directory "/usr/local/var/moin/spyse/cgi-bin">
   Order deny,allow
   Allow from all
</Directory>