[Moin-user] Re: Searching for backlinks taking very long...

Srinath Avadhanula srinathava at gmail.com
Fri Mar 10 22:07:02 EST 2006

Hi,

On 3/10/06, Srinath Avadhanula <srinathava at gmail.com> wrote:

> question. However, it looks like searching for 'link:MyTopic' takes
> _very_ long (almost 10-15 seconds every time). I am wondering if this
> is expected or there is something messed up in my installation. At the
> same time, search merely for 'MyTopic' (even a full text search)
> usually takes only 0.2 seconds or so.

It looks like this is not typical behavior. Apparently, searching for
a link: should take less time than searching in the whole text for the
same thing.

I talked with <DasSheep> on #moin at irc.freenode.net and s/he told me to
check up on whether the pagelinks files in the cache/ directory were
being created fine. Just wanted to follow up. I did check and it looks
like they are in fine shape. They have the correct links in them and
have the same time-stamp as the current file.

However, a search for 'link:SomeTopic' still takes 15 seconds. It
looks like I have struck a bug :(

Thank you,
Regards,
Srinath Avadhanula