[Moin-user] Re: Advice on design of new Wiki site

Alexander Schremmer 2005a at usenet.alexanderweb.de
Tue Mar 14 14:02:02 EST 2006

On Tue, 14 Mar 2006 10:11:50 +0000, Matthew Brett wrote:

> Lastly - I have a lot of HTML conversion to do.  I have started
> playing with the text_html_text_x_moin.py routines in MoinMoin.
> Before I fall further into the hacking that I am doing now - is this
> the right place to start?  Has anyone else tried to use these routines
> for converting web pages?

I tried to do it. The first problem is that expat chokes on HTML that is
problem is that the converter code chokes on unknown tags (which could be
disabled with a few patches. I stopped hacking because of the first issue.
It should be possible to find an HTML/SGML parser that outputs a DOM,
though, and use it (or make expat less strict?)

Kind regards,
Alexander