[Moin-user] mod_python and farms

Matthew Brett matthew.brett at gmail.com
Thu Mar 16 01:18:02 EST 2006

Hi,

Does anyone have wiki farms working well with mod_python?

I have no problems using Apache CGI, with this setup in httpd.conf

Alias /wiki/ "/usr/share/moin/htdocs/"
ScriptAlias /wiki1 /usr/local/var/moin/bin/moin.cgi
ScriptAlias /wiki2 /usr/local/var/moin/bin/moin.cgi

where moin.cgi adds /usr/local/var/moin/bin/moin to the path, and this
directory has my farm and individual configs.

My underlay directory is /usr/local/var/moin/underlay and is shared
between wikis.

However, when I try mod_python, I was (naively) expecting this
httpd.conf to work:

Alias /wiki/ "/usr/share/moin/htdocs/"

<Location /wiki1>
    SetHandler python-program
    PythonPath "['/usr/local/var/moin'] + sys.path"
    PythonHandler MoinMoin.request::RequestModPy.run
</Location>

<Location /wiki2>
    SetHandler python-program
    PythonPath "['/usr/local/var/moin'] + sys.path"
    PythonHandler MoinMoin.request::RequestModPy.run
</Location>

It does up to a point, but in this case all the shared HelpOnEditing
etc pages point to wiki1, even if they are in wiki2 pages.

Is there any easy way to solve this for mod_python?

Thanks a lot,

Matthew