[Moin-user] trouble setting up wiki with MoinMoin 1.5.2

Nir Soffer nirs at freeshell.org
Fri Mar 17 00:33:05 EST 2006

On 17/03/2006, at 00:39, Emin Martinian wrote:

> Basically I believe that the wikiconfig.py file is not being read.

Seems to be the problem.

> tried looking in the source code, but I couldn't find where it imports
> wikiconfig.py so I was unable to verify this.

Importing the config is more complicated than "import wikiconfig".
Check multiconfig.py if you want to see the details.

> (By the way, I'm
> assuming that the wikiconfig.py file is supposed to be in the same
> directory as moin.cgi, but perhaps that is my error.  I can't imagine
> where else wikiconfig.py should go, though...).

wikiconfig can be anywhere. To make it importable, you must add the
path to the directory where it is located to sys.path. Look into
moin.cgi in the comments about setting the system path.

Best Regards,

Nir Soffer