[Moin-user] mod_python and farms

Matthew Cahn matthew.cahn at bms.com
Fri Mar 17 14:47:02 EST 2006

I have a two-wiki farm with mod_python, but I have two DNS aliases for
the two wikis, with Apache set up as a reverse proxy with virtual
hosts.  It sends requests for the two wikis to Apache daemons on two
different ports, depending on which alias is used.  This avoids any
question of what might be getting shared by mod_python. I can't say I
know that this is necessary, but it works and gives nice URL's for wikis.

Matthew (Cahn)

Matthew Brett wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Does anyone have wiki farms working well with mod_python?
>
>I have no problems using Apache CGI, with this setup in httpd.conf
>
>Alias /wiki/ "/usr/share/moin/htdocs/"
>ScriptAlias /wiki1 /usr/local/var/moin/bin/moin.cgi
>ScriptAlias /wiki2 /usr/local/var/moin/bin/moin.cgi
>
>where moin.cgi adds /usr/local/var/moin/bin/moin to the path, and this
>directory has my farm and individual configs.
>
>My underlay directory is /usr/local/var/moin/underlay and is shared
>between wikis.
>
>However, when I try mod_python, I was (naively) expecting this
>httpd.conf to work:
>
>Alias /wiki/ "/usr/share/moin/htdocs/"
>
><Location /wiki1>
>    SetHandler python-program
>    PythonPath "['/usr/local/var/moin'] + sys.path"
>    PythonHandler MoinMoin.request::RequestModPy.run
></Location>
>
><Location /wiki2>
>    SetHandler python-program
>    PythonPath "['/usr/local/var/moin'] + sys.path"
>    PythonHandler MoinMoin.request::RequestModPy.run
></Location>
>
>It does up to a point, but in this case all the shared HelpOnEditing
>etc pages point to wiki1, even if they are in wiki2 pages.
>
>Is there any easy way to solve this for mod_python?
>
>Thanks a lot,
>
>Matthew

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
%  Matthew Cahn
%  Principal Systems Analyst
%  Bristol-Myers Squibb Company
%  Mailbox code: H23-05