[Moin-user] [Ask for Help] problem to setup moinmoin in win32 (fastcgi + external server + apache)

贺劲 virtualizeeverything at gmail.com
Wed Mar 22 01:28:04 EST 2006

Hi guys,

I tried to setup moinmoin with fastcgi (as external server) in Windows XP.

The instructions (to setup moinmoin + fastcgi external server) I followed is
in http://moinmoin.wikiwikiweb.de/MoinMoinTips/InstallingFastMoinOnWin32  by
SeungikLee <http://moinmoin.wikiwikiweb.de/SeungikLee>.

The programs and utilities what I used are:

Windows XP Pro (SP2)

Python 2.4.2

Apache 2.0.55

MoinMoin <http://moinmoin.wikiwikiweb.de/MoinMoin> 1.5.2

srvany.exe, instsrv.exe from Windows Resource
Among them, the only difference is the moinmoin's version, what
SeungikLee<http://moinmoin.wikiwikiweb.de/SeungikLee> used
 is 1.3.5 and mine is 1.5.2 .

When I started the wikiservice from svc applet control panel, everything
seems OK.
The output of "netstat -a" showed the state of port whose wiki_port_num set
in moin.fcg && httpd.conf is "LISTEN".

But when I tried to accss http://hostname/mywiki or
http://hostname:wiki_port_num from browser, nothing showed up but reported
"server not available or DNS error".

I even use telnet tool to connect to the port which external server is
listening, and it doesn't refuse this request ...

Anybody can do me a favor to help me fix it ?

Best Regards,

He Jin