[Moin-user] Updates slow on internal network

Steve Zatz slzatz at gmail.com
Mon Mar 27 07:52:01 EST 2006

I realize this may be a networking question and not a MoinMoin
question but here goes.

The wiki is running on my home network behind Apache using the latest
version of MoinMoin 1.5.2 running on Ubuntu Linux (Breezy).  My
connection to the Internet is a cable modem and I am forwarding
requests on port 8000 to the box on my network running the wiki.  (I
am doing this because the cable operator blocks port 80.)

When I edit a page using a computer on my home network, it takes about
5+ seconds to update.  When I do it from outside the network, it is on
the order of a second.  Since I am not a Linux expert, any thoughts as
to how to diagnose the problem would be helpful.