[Moin-user] migrating a moin-moin page to another moinmoin installation

Thomas Waldmann tw-public at gmx.de
Wed Mar 29 03:10:08 EST 2006

>     What is the best method to migrate a moin-moin page to another
> moin-moin installation? I would like to keep the history of the page,
> and reference to a changing users.

If both wikis would use the same user IDs (shared data/user/ directory),
it would be enough to copy data/pages/ThatPage directory to the other wiki.

If this is not the case and the IDs for the same user either differ or
some users are missing, you have to fix the data/pages/ThatPage/edit-log
entries so that the ID there points to an existing and correct user.