[Moin-user] How to merge userdata when upgrading from 1.3 to 1.5

Gisbert Amm gia at webde.de
Thu Mar 30 02:06:27 EST 2006

Thilo Pfennig wrote:
> 2006/3/29, Gisbert Amm <gia at webde.de>:
>
>>I've searched the Moin website a bit, but did not find any particular
>>information on merging userbases there. Is it all written down in the
>>CHANGES file? Has anyone got some advice for me?
>

> Are both groups seperated or mixed? I think most secure would be to do
> it by hand. This could be simple because I think most file names (the
> ids) should be unique. So I suppose it should work if you just drop
> the files of one Moin into the other and than choose this dir for the
> other moin as common base.

There are users with accounts in both Wikis; they would end up with two
  accounts with possibly different settings. How would Moin solve this
problem (two users with identical name and emailaddress)?

Another question: Users might have subscribed to several pages in both
Wikis. What happens to that subscriptions?

-Gisbert Amm