[Moin-user] How to merge userdata when upgrading from 1.3 to 1.5

Thomas Waldmann tw-public at gmx.de
Tue May 2 08:39:02 EDT 2006

> What if it is not a fresh farm setup?  If I have an old farm of wikis
> with separate users and I want to share users?  Should I just copy the
> old user files to a new and common user_dir or should I start from fresh
> with no users?

If you don't want to lose edit history (WHO editied what), you need a
userbase merging and history rewriting tool (does not exist yet).

If you can live without that history, you can either drop part or all of
your userbase (and let the missing ones re-register).

Keep ACLs in mind in case you have "secret" pages and make sure no wrong
person registers as a privileged username.