[Moin-user] creating pages with a given acl

Robert Schumann robert at cantab.net
Mon May 8 05:33:02 EDT 2006

On Sun, 2006-05-07 at 23:05 -0400, Michael P. Soulier wrote:
> People,
>
> For pages that should be read-only to the creator, I'd like to make a template
> that automatically fills-in the acl. But, as these users will not be admin,
> I'm not sure they'll be able to save the page.

You're quite right, if they don't have admin rights on that page they
won't be able to save it - even if they start with a template that says
"All:admin".  Since the page doesn't yet exist, it will use default
rights.

This feature seems to be requested occasionally; should a page inherit
rights from the template used to create it?

You may be able to use a +Known:admin right in the acl_rights_before or
Known:admin in acl_rights_after to do something like this (caveat
emptor: I don't know if that is sensible).  Or you could pre-create a
bunch of pages that they are allowed to edit, admin and rename.

Robert.