[Moin-user] cgiwrap gives ugly URLs, can it be fixed?

Gary Oberbrunner garyo at genarts.com
Tue May 16 08:25:24 EDT 2006

Hi folks, it's my first post to this list.  I've looked through the archives
and on the wiki and can't find anything relevant, so I am posting here.

I am on a host that requires using cgiwrap so that moin.cgi will as my userid,
saving the caches and pages so they can be edited by that same userid (I can't
edit pages saved by the httpd user). My wiki URLs have to look like this:
http://www.scons.org/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/scons/moin.cgi/FrontPage.

I would prefer users to use something like this:
http://www.scons.org/wiki/FrontPage, but I can't make that work.

I have no trouble using mod_rewrite in my .htaccess to rewrite /wiki/FrontPage
to the above ugly URL, but when I do that the links in the returned wiki pages
all still have that long ugly form (I guess moin.cgi is looking at its own URL
and using that as the base for the links, and it sees its "real" url, after
mod_rewrite has rewritten it). Is there a way in the config file or by
changing the code to have the generated HTML make wiki URLs using my
/wiki/FooPage syntax?

Another way to describe it is I'd like to postprocess the generated URLs from
/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/scons/moin.cgi/FrontPage back to /wiki/FrontPage, undoing
what I did with mod_rewrite.  If there's an alternate solution I'm more than
willing to try it as well!

(PS: I know about the static content under /wiki, I can move that out of the
way or use a different url prefix so my mod_rewrite will work; that's not a
problem.)

Thanks!

-- Gary Oberbrunner