[Moin-user] Trouble setting up MoinMoin on Fedora core 5

Hans F. Schwing hfschwing at runbox.com
Wed Nov 1 04:00:32 EST 2006

I am trying to install MoinMoin 1.5.6 on Fedora Core 5. I followed the
instructions as well as I could. Tried to do everything as recommended.
I am setting up on Apache with CGI.

When I try to access the wiki I get a blank page. the same when I try
the action test.

My httpd error log states the following:
No such file or directory: exec of
'usr/share/moin/moinwiki/cgi-bin/moin.cgi' failed
Premature end of script headers: moin.cgi

I have edited the httpd.conf as directed to include the following:
Alias /moinwiki/ "/usr/share/moin/htdocs/"
<Directory "/usr/share/moin/htdocs/">
   Order deny,allow
   Allow from all
</Directory>
ScriptAlias /moinwiki "/usr/share/moin/moinwiki/cgi-bin/moin.cgi"
<Directory "/usr/share/moin/moinwiki/cgi-bin">
   Order deny,allow
   Allow from all
</Directory>

I had to tweak moin.cgi because it seems Fedora Core 5 had two versions
of Python installed. I was getting an error in the httpd error log about
"/usr/bin/env: pyhton\r: No such file or directory" So I used:
#!/usr/bin/python2.4
sys.path.insert(0, '/usr/share/moin/moinwiki')

Would very much appreciate any help.
Regards,
Hans