[Moin-user] UNC paths in moinmon

David Cramer david at thingbag.net
Thu Nov 2 14:41:48 EST 2006

For an internal/intranet wiki, users want to include links to UNC
directories like \\server\path or files \\server\path\setup.exe so the
user can click the link and have the dir open in Explorer or run the
executable. Googling, I found this page,
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Links_to_local_pages_don't_work, which tells
me I need to have this in my html to have Firefox open a shre <a
href="file://///servername/share">blah</a>. I created a plain test html
page and find that the file://///servername/share syntax works in both
Firefox and IE. When I put [file://///servername/share blah], the
resulting html that moinmoin produces is what I would expect <a
href="file://///servername/share" class="file">blah</a>. That link
_should_ work fine and does work fine in IE, but clicking on the link
does nothing in Firefox.

Is there something else I have to do to make links in moinmoin to UNC
paths work in both firefox and IE?

Thanks,
David