[Moin-user] wiki URL

Thomas Heller theller at ctypes.org
Thu Nov 9 05:01:23 EST 2006

Uwe Rehse schrieb:
> Hi Thomas,
>
> which web server do you use ? If it is the apache server, then the ScriptAlias
> statement could be an answer on your question:
>
> ScriptAlias /mywiki "/the/full/path/to/mydir/mywiki.cgi"
>
> The result should be a URL like http://..../mywiki
>
> This works for me at least in a global web server configuration with several
> different moinmoin-instances. I did not try it within a .htaccess file.

Yes, it is apache.  But ScriptAlias doesn't work (seems to be forbidden in .htaccess files).  This is from
/var/log/apache2/error.log:

[Thu Nov 09 10:27:43 2006] [alert] [client w.x.y.z] /home/www/starship/crew/theller/.htaccess: ScriptAlias not allowed here

Now I've tried RewriteRule:

RewriteEngine On
RewriteRule ^mywiki(.*)$ mywiki.cgi$1

This mostly works (http://.../mywiki or http://.../mywiki/Frontpage), but the hyperlinks that the wiki
itself generates still point to "http://.../mywiki.cgi/Frontpage" which I find not so nice.
Of course the urls are only rewritten in one direction...

Thanks,
Thomas