[Moin-user] [Moin-User] notification email problem after upgrade

Glenn Tenney CISSP CISM gt-moin at think.org
Sat Sep 30 12:28:43 EDT 2006

At 4:00 PM +0200 9/6/06, Thomas Waldmann wrote:
>  > After upgrade to MoinMoin 1.5.4 I don't receive notification mails in
>  > correct readable format...
>This is not a moin bug, but different behaviour of different python
>versions, see there:
>
>http://moinmoin.wikiwikiweb.de/MoinMoinBugs/UnicodeMailNotificationEncodingBroken
>
>http://moinmoin.wikiwikiweb.de/MoinMoinBugs/ResetPasswordEmailImproperlyEncoded

I've applied that fix, but I still have the following "problem":

emails from MoinMoin (e.g. page updated notifications) have the
Subject line  quoting of "special" characters (e.g. "[" and "]") in
utf-8

example -> Subject:
=?utf-8?q?=5BMy_Wiki=5D_Update_of_=22SomePage=22_by?=
=?utf-8?q?_SomeOne?=

How can I get MoinMoin to just send the subject line without doing
that (i.e. just as ascii)?

(I vaguely recall some patch for just that in 1.3, but I can't find it)

Thanks

--
Glenn