[Moin-user] Suddenly: 501 Method Not Implemented failures

George (Skip) VerDuin verduin at ameritech.net
Mon Apr 9 20:47:19 EDT 2007

A percentage of pages that edited successfully a couple days ago now
fail today.
The "Save Changes", "Preview", "GUI Mode", and "Cancel", from the text
edit page all get a moin reply page with
-------------------------------------
501 Method Not Implemented
POST to /jnosd/HostConfiguration not supported
Apache/2.2.0 (Fedora) Server ... Port 80.
-------------------------------------
In fact, even without any editorial change to the text they fail...
The failure looks like a failure of apache to POST data,
and the error log calls out ModSecurity Access denied...Pattern Match.
So far - seems pretty straight forward...

I've spent the better part of today looking thru most everything without
success.
I don't suspect this is a Moin BUG, and I don't find it in the tracker.
It seems like a new topic here (I looked thru the archive back to early
Feb).
My installation is V1.5.7-1 provided by RedHat Fedora Project (all
updates applied).
I don't find any config file changed since installation Mid Feb this
year.
I find nothing wrong with the directories nor the "#acl ..." handling.
I don't find these pages have been involved in abnormal operations
(aborts, etc).
My worst failure is to find the "501..." error documented somewhere.

You might guess - I'm stumped.
Is this happening elsewhere and where might I find a fix?

Warmest regards from here,
George