[Moin-user] MoinMoin Replication?

Roger Haase crosseyedpenguin at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 13 17:02:04 EDT 2007

--- Amin Navid <m.a.navid at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks all for your replies. Sorry for my bad explanation of the
> problem. I
> think I have to go with rsync+ssh solution. Let me go over the
> problem once
> again, apparently my first post was not clear enough.
>
> We've started gathering documents for a software project we're
> working on
> and we need two wiki servers:
>  * internal: when we're working on it on normal working hours while
> our
> staff are updating it inside company
>  * external: some of our programmers and employees need to access it
> from
> outside, and some are living over sees
>
> We want both wikies to be identical. Unfortunately we cannot make the
> internal server accessible. We need to sync both servers
> approximately 3
> times a day.
>
> I truly appreciate your replies and they were very helpful.
>
> Regards,
> Amin

You may also want to take a look at the Unison File Synchronizer.  The
primary advantage of Unison is it will sync in both directions so if an
employee is working late at work or another is working at home one day
the updates will get synced in both directions.  Updates in both wikis
would get flagged and someone would have to merge the changes.

Roger Haase