[Moin-user] LDAP Authentication

Daniel Watkins D.M.Watkins at warwick.ac.uk
Mon Apr 23 15:41:49 EDT 2007

Hi guys,
I'm currently in the process of setting up our MoinMoin wiki to use our
LDAP server for authentication.  Sadly, I am getting absolutely nowhere.

What I currently have, in addition to the standard config stuff, is:
class Config(FarmConfig):
    import ldap

    auth = [ldap_login]
    ldap_uri = 'ldap://backus.uwcs.co.uk'
    ldap_coding = 'utf-8'
    ldap_verbose = True

    ldap_binddn = ''
    ldap_bindpw = ''

    ldap_base = 'ou=People,dc=backus,dc=uwcs,dc=co,dc=uk'
    ldap_scope = ldap.SCOPE_SUBTREE
    ldap_name_attribute = 'uid'
    ldap_timeout = 10
    cookie_lifetime = 1
    user_autocreate = True

This doesn't throw any errors, but also doesn't authenticate users.  If
someone could give me a clue as to where to find some debugging
information, that would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Dan Watkins  (Odd_Bloke)