[Moin-user] Moin1.6a with XAPIAN (help and attachment support)

Thomas Waldmann tw-public at gmx.de
Mon Aug 6 05:05:21 EDT 2007

> b) I also build the index with
> moin --config-dir=/var/www/moin/config --wiki-url=Home.Heavy.ch index
> build
> --> and it shows up with no error messages

Make very sure --wiki-url is correct and it will match whatever you
configured in wikiconfig/farmconfig.

 From the stuff you posted below, it rather looks like it is:

--wiki-url=home.heavy.ch:8080/

But usually you get some error if it does not match.

> (Note: To get a few pages I just copied my data dir from my moin 1.5.7
> (http://lotek.heavy.ch) to my new 1.6a (http://home.heavy.ch);
> everything seems to work...)

Most pages will work, but some stuff can break.

> c) I also changed the wikiconfig.py and yes it shows up under:
>
> http://home.heavy.ch:8080/SystemInfo
> Xapian search
>         Enabled, index unavailable, last modified: N/A
                    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This is your problem.

> Xapian Version
>         1.0.2
> Stemming for Xapian
>         Disabled
 > PyStemmer Version
 >         PyStemmer not installed
 > PyStemmer stems
 >         NONE

Maybe installing PyStemmer is a good idea (but not related to your
trouble, I guess).

> d) but if I'm starting to search it changes to:
> Xapian search
>         Disabled

If moin doesn't find a xapian index, moin will auto-disable xapian_search.

> ==> WHY? Are there any Configuration-Hints Online?
> The HelpOnXapian is still empty :(
> http://moinmoin.wikiwikiweb.de/HelpOnXapian

Look there: http://master.moinmo.in/HelpOnXapian

(master has 1.6 content, everything else is still 1.5)

BTW, if you get it working, you can help us by doing ACL tests with xapian.

Just index some pages and attachments that are not readable for user X.

Then search for stuff on those pages with user X.

Does it find pages or attachments it should not find for X because ACLs
normally limit reading of the stuff for user X?

> 2. Attachment Support
> What makes me wonder, if it would be possible to search also in
> attachments (word, openoffice, xls, pdf, zip, etcetera).

Yes, everything we have a filter for (see MoinMoin/filter/ - some stuff
there [esp. the M$ stuff] needs additional software installed).

Some other stuff (*.iso, *.zip, *.tar.gz, ...) is excluded from indexing.

Also look into docs/CHANGES, some of the stuff should be documented there.