[Moin-user] Moin1.6a with XAPIAN (help and attachment support)

mail at heavy.ch mail at heavy.ch
Mon Aug 6 09:04:40 EDT 2007

Thanks for your Tipps! But still the Xapian Search get's disabled while
using FullSearch Macro with Regex.

Steps I did:

1. Ok, I installed the PyStemmer and also Xpdf (for pdftotext)

2. Now I changed my syntax and used the --mode-add switch or later the
rebuild. The syntax looks now like this:

[root at marius server]# sudo -u www-data moin
--config-dir=/var/www/moin/config --wiki-url=Home.Heavy.ch:8080/ index
build --mode=add

2. while building the index I got this error message

WARNING:root:Filter application_octet_stream threw error '[Errno 21] Is
a directory' for
file /var/www/moin/data/pages/MoinMoinWiki(2f)Gallery2/attachments/img

well, i just remove the img directory and rebuild the index (guess it
was from extracting a zip file)

3. And now the SystemInfo shows index is available!
Xapian search
        Enabled, index available, last modified: 2007-08-06 11:59:11

==> Everything seems to work, but...

4. From Time to Time the Xapain get's disabled... Here's an example

a) When I start a fulltext search for "xml"
http://home.heavy.ch:8080/CategoryHomepage?action=fullsearch&context=180&value=xml&fullsearch=Text
--> The output shows that "_xapianProcess = 0.229s" xapian is used.

b) Then I call a Category like
http://home.heavy.ch:8080/CategoryHomepage
--> with a [[FullSearch]] Macro (regex)

and after that I research for "xml"
http://home.heavy.ch:8080/CategoryHomepage?action=fullsearch&context=180&value=xml&fullsearch=Text

and then the xapian get disabled
_moinSearch = 1.102s

Also some CategoryPages who not Use FullSearchCached doesn't show any
entries.

==> temporary solution is to restart the moin application.

==> So believe the FullSearch Macro disable in someway the xapian
search. If 'im trying this on a "CategoryLinux" it doesn't happen. So
it's maybe the  "regex" parameter who breaks the xapian search.

http://home.heavy.ch:8080/CategoryLinux
[[FullSearch(linkto:CategoryLinux -title:Category)]]

http://home.heavy.ch:8080/CategoryHomepage
[[FullSearch(regex:(----(-*)(\r)?\n)(.*)CategoryHomepage\b)]]

Could you confirm this? or any other ideas?

cya
Marcel