[Moin-user] Moin1.6a and Xapian Search

Marcel Häfner marcel.haefner at heavy.ch
Mon Aug 6 11:12:46 EDT 2007

Hi there

It's ok to put questions about xapian here, or would it better to put it
it somewhere on the moinmoin wiki?

anyway here i come with my first one and also a test rapport about acl
and attachments.

1. Search for Titles and Attachment doesn't work well
Searching for "Titles" where attachment exist with the same name just
show only the direct link to the attachment, when you do a pagetitle
search.

========================
Example
========================
1. searching fulltext for "Kino"
http://home.heavy.ch:8080/FrontPage?action=fullsearch&context=180&value=kino&fullsearch=Text

--> Result: 2 hits;
1.1. the attachment an pdf systemspezifikationen_digital_kino.pdf)
1.2. second the page itself
http://home.heavy.ch:8080/Systemspezifikationen_f%C3%
BCr_das_digitale_Kino?highlight=%28systemspezifikationen%29

2. now I'm trying a Titles Search
http://home.heavy.ch:8080/FrontPage?action=fullsearch&context=180&value=Kino&titlesearch=Titles

==> but why it show's now only the pdf link (attachment) and not the
"main" Site???
http://home.heavy.ch:8080/Systemspezifikationen_f%C3%
BCr_das_digitale_Kino?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=systemspezifikationen_digital_kino.pdf&highlight=%28kino%29

2. Testing ACL with Attachment Search

btw. I got some page with attachment (zip) included
http://home.heavy.ch:8080/DVD_Shrink

then I add #acl TestUser: All:read

(the TestUser belongs to EditGroup where normally get
writes/read/revert/delete)

and sure as "nobody" User I can search/find the page and also the
http://home.heavy.ch:8080/DVD_Shrink?action=fullsearch&context=180&value=shrink&fullsearch=Text

But now I'm log-in as TestUser and receive no results:
>> Your search query "shrink" didn't return any results <<

I tried Title-, Text-Search and also over a CategoryLink (included with
FullSearch and FullSearchCached) under
http://home.heavy.ch:8080/CategoryDvd and the page "DVD Shrink" doesn't
shows up!

Great! Seems to be working... well need maybe some deeper search tricks
to bypass the acl system don't know.. well.