[Moin-user] watermark backgrounds

Roger Haase crosseyedpenguin at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 8 10:51:53 EDT 2007

--- Ted Stern <dodecatheon at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Some users want to add a kind of watermark on the page, warning
> readers that all the documentation is proprietary, restricted, or
> some
> other status.  For the sake of discussion, let's assume the label is
> "Restricted".
>
> I can think of two possibilities that would work:
>
> 1) add a diagonally repeated "Restricted" in light gray to the
> background of a page, in the same way that "Draft" is currently shown
> during Edit Previews.  If it's analogous to Draft, it would scroll
> with the text.
>
> 2)Add a large diagonal transparent (translucent?) "Restricted" to the
> page.  It would stay in the same place as the text scrolled.  I'm not
> sure how to implement this ... CSS?
>
> Any ideas?  Perhaps this could be implemented as some kind of macro
> or
> #pragma.
>
> Ted

I am not a big fan of watermarks on the screen display because they
make the text harder to read.  Monitors are inconsistent, a soft orange
on yours may be hot pink on mine.  An alternative is to make use of
page_header1/2 and/or page_footer1/2 in your wikiconfig.py to display
your copyright/proprietary/restricted message and maybe use a watermark
 for printed output by tweaking the print.css of your theme.

Roger