[Moin-user] Styled text problem in Mac browsers

Boris Callens boris.callens.osv at fedex.com
Tue Aug 28 03:10:51 EDT 2007

Maybe you could file a bug?

It seems to me that the event isn't fired for some reason in your
circumstances.
Adding and removing the space is just a workaround. A very poor one even ;)

Maybe the devs can figure it out and get to the core of it.
Here's the link for the bug reporting page:
http://moinmoin.wikiwikiweb.de/MoinMoinBugs

Boris

On Mon, 27 Aug 2007 23:03:14 +0200, Gnarlodious
<lists.gnarlodious at gmail.com> wrote:

> HA! That works! Thanks for the tip. Now all I need is instructions
> inserted on every page.
>
> -- Gnarlie
>
> On 8/27/07, Boris Callens <boris.callens.osv at fedex.com> wrote:
>> Confirmed the not-existing of this error on win platforms.
>>
>> How about you paste, put an extra space and delete it again?
>> Know this is not a solution, just giving the first thing I would check.
>> That could point at the not triggering the onContentUpdate event.
>>
>> As of the styles, never heard of it.
>>
>> Boris
>>
>> On Mon, 27 Aug 2007 14:29:36 +0200, Gnarlodious
>> <lists.gnarlodious at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> > I have a very annoying problem with version 1.5.5a. When I paste a
>> > word in the search field I can't search for it. Both buttons are
>> > greyed oiut and can't be clicked. Only the return key will work. The
>> > problem with that is, by default it searches for page titles, and I
>> > usually want to search for text. After running one search, the style
>> > property is erased and the buttons are then enabled as usual.
>> >
>> > What is causing this it that Mac browsers now accept pasted styles in
>> > the form fields. In a Mac browser, the purpose is to paste styled text
>> > and have it rendered by the script as styled HTML. Unfortunately Moin
>> > cannot handle styled text and the buttons are disabled.
>> >
>> > Has anyone heard of this problem? Will it be fixed in 1.6?
>> >
>> > -- Gnarlie
>> > http://Gnarlodious.com/

>> --
>> Boris Callens