[Moin-user] Allowing partial access to a wiki

Ted Stern dodecatheon at gmail.com
Wed Dec 5 14:25:14 EST 2007

On 05 Dec 2007 08:47:28 -0800, Ski Kacoroski wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is there anyway with ACL's to allow a person or group to have
> read, write, and create new pages access to a section of the wiki.  I
> have an internal wiki and we have a contractor that needs access to a
> page and all pages linked from that page.  I have figured out how to
> provide read & write, but not how to allow the contractor to create new
> pages.  Thanks in advance for your help.
>
> cheers,
>
> ski

Hi Ski [ex-co-worker with my ex-wife],

All you need to do is give the contractor local admin privileges.  For
example, add this header to your SpecialStuff page [and remove
linefeeds, I couldn't get it all on one line in email].

 #acl SpecialStuff/AdminGroup:admin,read,write,delete,revert
  SpecialStuff/ReadWriteGroup:read,write SpecialStuff/ReadGroup:read All:none

The "All:none" is just an example, you can change that to "All:read"
if your access is less restrictive.

Make appropriate group SubPages (in CategoryGroup), and add your
contractor to the list on the SpecialStuff/AdminGroup page.

All SubPages will inherit permissions, so make sure he creates
sub-pages and not top-level links.  If you need to selectively create
pages elsewhere, you will need to add the same #acl line there before
they can administer it.

Ted
--
 dodecatheon at gmail dot com
 Frango ut patefaciam -- I break so that I may reveal