[Moin-user] EOFerror

Rick Vanderveer rick.vanderveer at gmail.com
Fri Dec 21 11:24:16 EST 2007

Well, something somewhere clearly got hung up on it. I removed that filter
(exclude 'cache' directories), re-ran the backup, then restored from backup
onto my test virtual machine and everything was good!  I'm guessing that
perhaps there was no cache directory at all (not just an empty 'cache'
directory), and the lack of it's presence was enough to freak Moin out (i.e.
no code to create the directory, if one doesn't already exist).

Anyway, the whole point to this exercise is to test migration from 1.5.x to
1.6 on Windows. I definitely ran into some rough patches (made difficult
because I'm not a Python programmer, just a lowly IT admin ;-), but was able
to eventually get a working version up and running. Today I'm going to
re-run the migration and document the steps (which I will then thoroughly
document on moinmaster:
http://master.moinmo.in/HelpOnInstalling/ApacheOnWin32).

-Rick