[Moin-user] Howto migrate from Moinmoin 1.5.8 -> Moinmoin 1.6.0 ?

Uwe Rehse linux at rehse.org
Fri Dec 28 12:33:31 EST 2007

Hi Reimar,

thank your for your answer !

The missing meta-file was the reason for my problem: after copying the
whole data dir to the new instance and creating a meta-file

data_format_revision: 01050800

(in my old data dir a meta does not exist) the migration script works
as expected . Thanks again.

Uwe

R.Bauer schrieb:
> Hi
>
> I am not sure if I have understand this right. But if you only have
> copied your pages dir to a fresh instance then you have missed the meta
> file.
>
> more meta in data gives
> data_format_revision: 01060000
>
> the migration script does read this file and knows then what all
> migration scripts are needed. (in this case it thinks "nothing")
>
> better you do copy the whole data dir.

[...]

uwe rehse                          havelkorso 69, d-16515 oranienburg
linux(at)rehse(dot)org                             key-id: 0xABECB853