[Moin-user] Problems with migration 1.5.3 --> 1.6.0

Uwe Rehse linux at rehse.org
Sun Dec 30 20:52:44 EST 2007

Hi Steven,

two hints for solving the problem:

1) in my opionion the moin-command for data migration is not the
   same as moin.cgi, which is - as far as I know - "only" responsible
   for deliviering your HTML-page according to your browser request.
   According to the README.migration file one should call the script
   moin (for instance located at /usr/local/bin/ on my opensuse system
   or as moin.py at MoinMoin/script/)
   So it seems to me that you have seen your HTML output - still uncon-
   verted to 1.6.0
2) The conversion from 1.5.8 -> 1.6.0 on my system a few day ago was a
   two stage process: 1.5.8 -> 1.5.99, then I have had to edit a newly
   created file rename1.txt, which I have had to renamed in rename2.txt;
   then one had to call the migration command again.
   But, between both migration runs I got clear screen outputs about the
   things, what have to do next.

I would suggest to check whether you called the right conversion script
and run the migration statement again.

Greetings,

Uwe