[Moin-user] Specifying page edit permissions when using LDAP authentication

Irvine, Chuck R [EQ] Chuck.R.Irvine at embarq.com
Fri Jan 5 14:05:12 EST 2007

I've successfully implemented LDAP authentication using ldap_login as described at http://moinmoin.wikiwikiweb.de/MoinMoinQuestions.

Now, I would like to configure permissions such that anyone logged in via ldap authentication can edit pages and anyone not logged in should only be able to read pages.

In my wikiconfig.py file, I specify permissions with:

acl_rights_default = u"cri1258:read,write,delete,revert,admin \
                           All:read \
                           Known:read,write,delete,revert \
                           Trusted:read,write,delete,revert"

Unfortunately, this isn't working. After logging in, using cannot edit pages.

Could someone please help me out on this? Thanks

Chuck