[Moin-user] Shared pages across farms - link problems

mail at heavy.ch mail at heavy.ch
Wed Jan 10 17:08:45 EST 2007

Hi Matthew

On Wed, 2007-01-10 at 14:24 +0000, Matthew Brett wrote:
> I have tried to host the user home pages in the Base wiki, to be
> shared across wikis.  Home page creation works fine, however, when a
> user clicks on a link to go to their home page, although they go to
> the right page, the recently visited link added to the wiki frame
> contains the wrong URL (goes to currentwiki/SomeUser instead of
> basewiki/SomeUser); if they use this link they end up unwittingly
> trying to create a new currentwiki/SomeUser which overrides the
> basewiki/SomeUser page that I was hoping they would get.
>
> Is there any way to avoid this behavior?  I love this feature, and
> would very much like to be able to make it seamless if possible.

yes, I'm using also a farmconfig for my private website (heavy.ch)

1. First I set the "user_homewiki" in the farmconfig.py (so the user dir
und user homepages will be on a single place)

2. Second I did something for the links/Trails. I added/changed every
intermap.txt (on each sub-wiki in there own data dir; well exactly I did
first some symbolic links; so I've got only one file to manage). It
looks like:
WikiOne http://wikione.mystuff.com
WikiTwo http://wikitwo.mystuff.com

Also I realized, that the first Letter need to be UPPER case, using this
with a nice theme like sinorca4moin the farmwiki shows up nicely on my
homepage.

hope it helps
cya
Marcel