[Moin-user] Hierarchical pages

Marcel Häfner marcel.haefner at heavy.ch
Tue Jan 23 15:50:02 EST 2007

Hi Dexter

As far as I understand the MoinMoin architecture. All pages are saved
under a data directory on the system. Example:
- Web Url: http://mywiki.com/Frontpage/Project
- Directory:  /org/data/pages/FrontPage(2f)Project

So it's easy to rename the page "FrontPage(2f)Project " to
"Home(2f)FrontPage(2f)Project" and with some scripting it's also
possible to move thousands of pages. The only drawback, as far as I
know, could be that that the history (RecentChanges) get broken (don't
know for sure) and sure some links to former "main" pages (eg like
["FrontPage"]) not working 'coz should be now  ["Home/FrontPage"]
(links from mainpages to subpages like ["/subpages"] should stay valid).

For your problem I would maybe try to work with wiki-farms and different
Default-ACLs for each farmwiki. So you could separate the data (also
moving around on the os level), but maybe still use a central
user-dir... well just my first thought!

cheers, hope it helps
byebye
Marcel