[Moin-user] Removing script component from the URL

Gnarlodious lists.gnarlodious at gmail.com
Sun Jan 28 00:05:34 EST 2007

Hello.
I have succeeded in getting moin to be served up in the documentRoot:
http://Gnarlodious.com/

As you can see, everything is working as it should except for links
that need the /moin.cgi part. Without /moin.cgi the pages are not
found apparently because the script is not running. Here is my server
setup:

<VirtualHost *>
   ServerName       gnarlodious.com
   Alias         /moin/    /usr/grp/Cogent/gnarlodious.com/htdocs/moin/
   DocumentRoot /usr/grp/Cogent/gnarlodious.com/scripts
   AddHandler cgi-script .cgi
   DirectoryIndex         /moin.cgi
   ErrorLog               /usr/grp/Cogent/gnarlodious.com/logs/error_log
   CustomLog
/usr/grp/Cogent/gnarlodious.com/logs/access_log combined
</VirtualHost>
<Directory /usr/grp/Cogent/gnarlodious.com/scripts>
     AllowOverride None
     Order allow,deny
     Allow from all
     Options ExecCGI
</Directory>

And in moin.cgi this line seems to be necessary:
request = RequestCGI(properties = {'script_name': '/moin.cgi'})

Does the domain need a ScriptAlias pointing to the moin.cgi script? Or
alternatively I could use mod_rewrite to remove the offending piece,
but where does one run .htaccess in this setup?

-- Gnarlie