[Moin-user] email lost password sends password in encrypted form

Ted Stern dodecatheon at gmail.com
Wed Jan 31 15:22:53 EST 2007

My users have been complaining that their emailed passwords do not
work.  I tested this myself and got the following result:

,----
| Somebody has requested to submit your account data to this email
| address.
|
| If you lost your password, please use the data below and just enter
| the password AS SHOWN into the wiki's password form field (use copy
| and paste for that).
|
| After successfully logging in, it is of course a good idea to set a
| new and known password.
|
| Login Name: TedStern
|
| Login Password: {SHA}<lots of gobbledy-gook>
| Login URL: http://<my company's domain>/<wikiname>/UserPreferences
`----

I can guess that the SHA means that password is encrypted using the
sha python module.  So how do I set things up so the password is
decrypted for the user?  It is unusable as it stands.

Ted
--
 dodecatheon at gmail dot com
 Frango ut patefaciam -- I break so that I may reveal