[Moin-user] cookie timeout (repeat)

Roger Haase crosseyedpenguin at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 6 21:59:16 EDT 2007

--- Karl Auer <kauer at biplane.com.au> wrote:

> On Fri, 2007-07-06 at 19:23 +0200, Thomas Waldmann wrote:
> > I didn't have that problem yet.
> >
> > Sometimes, I had problems with having different cookies (from
> different
> > moin versions / setups) and just deleting all the cookies of that
> site
  > > in my browser helped.
> >
> > I this does not help you, I suggest filing a bug report on the
> moinmoin
> > wiki (and give much more details about version, configuration,
> browsers,
> > etc.).
>
> What would help (before I do that) would be specific information
> about
> where the cookies are (not the browser cookies, the cookies MoinMoin
> stores). Or are they always dynamically generated? If so, what is
> cookie_path for?
>
> Anyway, I can't find 'em because I don't know what they look like and
> don't know where they are supposed to be. cookie_path is set to None,
> is
> that a problem?
>
> Regards, K.

I have not had the problem you describe either.

If you are not familiar with cookies, a good place to start looking at
them is to download and install the current version of Firefox.  Once
you get it running, click on Tools > Add ons > get extensions (lower
right).  Then choose Web And Developer Tools and do a search for Web
Developer.

Install Web Developer, restart Firefox.

To have a look at the cookies for the current web page, click on Tools
> Web Developer > Cookies > View Cookie Information.  Your Moin cookie
will have the ID Moin_ID.  Make a note of what it looks like when you
are logged on to Moin (expiration time?), and look again when you get
logged off.

Other browsers may have their own ways of looking at cookies.  There
are several other Firefox add-ons that you may find useful.

Roger Haase