[Moin-user] File download throttling based on file size?

Rick VanDerveer rickvanderveer at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 19 23:35:53 EDT 2007

Geoff,
I've observed similar cases with our organization's internal wiki.

I'm using FastCGI for our wiki.  I can be COMPLETELY wrong here, but my hypothesis is that FastCGI is only a single process, and therefore isn't able to adequately juggle multiple large downloads. I have one download in particular that nearly causes the wiki to non-responsive for any other users.

One silly little work-around I've been using is to set up a Apache alias to a directory outside the moin folders, where I keep large downloads. I then link to those files, Moin treats it as a link to an outside server, and Apache can handle the transfer load easily.  Ultimately, it's coming from the same box, but moin isn't serving it and remains as responsive as ever.

-Rick