[Moin-user] Colour my table

Matthew Nuzum mattnuzum at gmail.com
Fri Jul 20 17:39:16 EDT 2007

On 7/20/07, Boris Callens <boris.callens.osv at fedex.com> wrote:

> Hi list,
>
> I try to make my wiki pages a bit less boring.
> I try to add colours and images where possible.
> One thing I do is give my tables some (alternating) colours.
>
> Untill now I have coloured them cell by cell, manually inserting the
> colour code in the tag.
> Isn't there a way to automise this and get my markup code out of my
> content (the colour codes make the table completely unreadable)?
> Even a way to colour the table row by row instead of cell by cell would be
> a great start.

Well, since your goal is just to add some visual appeal, you could consider
something like this: http://www.alistapart.com/articles/zebratables

Just set it once in your theme and give your table's some identifier so that
on page load they get styled automatically.

That beats trying to style all of your table rows by hand. Imagine if you
gave each row a different row style (row_odd, row_even) so that they could
be styled by css rules - then you wanted to add a row somewhere near the
top. You'd have to manually change all of your rules for the rows below it.
:-P
--
Matthew Nuzum
newz2000 on freenode