[Moin-user] Python API to access a moinmoin wiki (from outside)

Sebastian Haase sebastian.haase at mdc-berlin.de
Mon Jul 30 08:48:01 EDT 2007

Hi,
this one was even hard to google ...
Obviously moinmoin in implemented in Python...

My question however is:  What is the best way to create / read / edit
pages from a (random) python program that I am writing ?

Obviously one could start with the standard python library, open a TCP
socket and just do web server access "by hand".

a) which are the most appropriate standard lib modules to be used for this ?

b) is there maybe even already some API - i.e. some pyMoinMoin or
alike module - which simplifies accessing moinmoin wikis from outside?

(note: by outside, I referring to the possible confusion, since
moinmoin is also python "on the inside")

I'm also thinking about edit-locks and attachments, oh, and: user log-ins.

Thanks,
Sebastian Haase